Hello, Terror Bill
21 March 2001 Several valiant
RTSers commemorated the passing into law of the Terrorism Act by:
- awarding several governmental terrorists (ie. Ministers) a bouquet/bomb
etc of genetically modified crop test material in and around Parliament Square;
- not quite managing to hang the huge ‘terrorists’ banner from Parliament
Square lampposts but displaying it forcefully outside the House of Commons
- draping Nelson Mandela and Emily Pankhurst (statues of) with big red
sashes with the word ‘terrorist’ emblazoned across the front;
- triggering the customary hysterical police response, including one
officer carrying a black file with a strip of ‘Reclaim the Streets’ tape
(produced by us for May Day) across the front;
- garnering some (albeit pretty inaccurate) C4, Independent & other
news media coverage;
- avoiding any arrests.
See also Indymedia UK.